In the U.S., ham radio operators are required to pass licensing exams in order to legally operate their consoles. There are three separate types of license, with Technician being the lowest class, General being mid-grade and Amateur Extra being the highest. Suffice it to say, the higher your level, the more privileges you enjoy. Fortunately for aspiring amateur radio operators, these exams are easy to pass on the first try – as long you put in the time and effort to prepare for them.
Give Yourself Time
There are abundant opportunities for aspiring operators to take licensing exams. That being the case, there’s no reason to set an exam date that doesn’t give you sufficient time to prepare. Setting a date that’s two weeks to one month in the future will ensure that you have ample time to learn the relevant material at comfortable pace. Having access to a good practice console can also aid your study efforts, particularly one equipped with parts from Werlatone, a company renowned for its hybrid coupler.
Engage in Daily Study Sessions
As previously stated, the ham radio licensing exams aren’t particularly difficult. Regardless of which type of license you’re aiming for, a healthy amount of studying should be enough to produce the results you want. As such, all-night cram sessions and intense preparation really aren’t necessary. Instead, devote a little bit of time to studying every day until the date of your exam. Spending 15 to 20 minutes reviewing relevant material each day is practically guaranteed to result in a passing grade.
Focus on the Right Material
When preparing for your exam, it’s recommended that you focus exclusively on study materials that are relevant to the type of license you wish to earn. For example, focusing on Amateur Extra materials in preparation for a Technician or General test won’t do you as much good as you may think. Furthermore, if you decide to take practice tests online, stick with exams that pertain to your desired class of license.
When faced with licensing exams, it’s easy for amateur radio enthusiasts to feel intimidated. As is the case with any type of exam, preparedness is the key to favorable results. With this in mind, all examinees will be well-served by giving themselves ample time to digest the material, studying every day and focusing on study materials that are relevant to their desired license class.… Read More
My wife has always wanted to go to Italy, but she was afraid of flying. That did present a problem, since neither of us were interested in taking a boat to get there! We were married for about 14 years when she finally agreed to go on a short business trip with me, and that is what broke her fear of flying. It took another two years before I was able to go to the Cuvee website and look at their Italian villa rentals, mainly because of time factors. I wanted to be able to enjoy our time there without having to be on the phone or computer half the day with work projects.… Read More
When planning your wedding, it is important that you begin ordering things sooner, rather than later; especially your wedding gown. Never wait until the last minute to shop for your wedding dress – this will help you to avoid many frustrations. Follow these simple tips to ensure that you are in your wedding dress for the “big day”:
- You will first need to decide what type of wedding gown you would like to purchase. If you are new to the world of wedding dress designers and styles, buy some bridal magazines or surf the net for bridal gown websites. There you will find many new trends for that year and previous years. Are you looking for something trendy, unique or simple? These questions will help you to narrow down your search. You can also attend bridal showers and go to local wedding gown shops to see what’s out there.
- Once you know what type of dress you want, you will need to find out who sells them. You will begin the process of calling around to different bridal shops in your town. Hopefully, you will be able to find somewhere close, if not, you can always have it shipped to you. If you are looking to have a custom designed gown, you will need to find shops or designers that offer this service near you and within your budget. It is important that you get fitted, so that you know what numbers to give to the out-of-state bridal gown shop. You will also need these numbers for the custom designer, if you decide to go with this choice.
- If you find the dress you want, but it isn’t in your size, see if the shop can have it tailor-made for you. Extra charges will be made, but it is worth it, right?
- If you are wary about ordering a gown from out-of-state, see if a local shop can have it specially ordered for you. Having them measure you will ensure that the gown will be a perfect fit.
- Take your time when shopping for your dress. Try not to do everything in one day. Instead, space out your window-shopping over a couple days or weeks. This will help you to soak in everything that you have seen. This also gives you the chance to browse around and make a thorough decision. It is very frustrating to buy something only to find it even better somewhere else!
- Hire a wedding planner to help you with this if you are really having issues with making decisions. Or you can take along your bridesmaids to help you look around.
- There are various places you can buy a wedding gown: warehouses, bridal shops, online discount stores and many others.
- Avoid being scammed! You will be given a sales contract, so make sure to read it thoroughly. Some require you to put 1/3 or ½ of the money down upfront. Be cautious by keeping all receipts.
If you’ve yet to pick out the rings … Read More
When my daughter was younger, she told me she wanted to have a pink car when she grew up. She also told me she wants a pink house and a pink poodle, but I figured she would outgrow her fascination with pink. While she does have a red car and lives in a brick apartment building, she still loves the color pink. She got engaged a few weeks ago, and they are planning on getting married in just a few months. I went to http://paradisetorontolimo.ca so I could look at the limos that they have, and I was so excited to see a pink stretch limo.
I had no idea they even came in pink, but I knew that my daughter would absolutely love it.… Read More